On this page:
In this section you will find basic trouble shooting guides for Lexpos Retailer.
Cash drawer and Printer trouble shooting
1. On the receipt printer, is the green light lit?
- Ensure the circular power lead connection is plugged in to the back of the printer and into the mains socket or customer display unit (CDU).
- If the power supply lead from the receipt printer is plugged into the CDU, ensure another circular power lead connection is plugged in to the underside of the CDU and into the mains socket.
- If only the green light is lit and the printer is not working please go to section 3.
- If any other lights are lit please consult section 2.
2. On the receipt printer, are any other lights lit?
- If the orange ‘Paper’ light is lit, the receipt printer is out of paper; open the lid and replace the roll.
- If the orange ‘Error’ light is lit, that the printer has encountered a problem. Open the lid of the printer and clear any paper jams or foreign objects. Close the lid, then press the ‘Feed’ button. If the error light is still lit go to section 3.
3. If the receipt printer or cash drawer is still not working
- Exit Lexpos Retailer and restart your computer.
- If the receipt printer or cash drawer is still not working, go to section
4. If the receipt printer or cash drawer is still not working
- The cash drawer cable is black and glossy with a clear plastic connector. Check this is plugged securely into the back of the receipt printer.
- Identify the connection between your receipt printer and PC: USB connections are marked by the letters USB or this symbol (insert USB image) Parallel connections are identified by their long rectangular shape and beige coloured cables.
- Ensure the USB or Parallel lead is connected securely to the receipt printer and PC.
- Then turn the printer off, leave for a second and then turn back on using the power button.
5. If all else fails…
- If, after following this troubleshooting guide, your printer or cash drawer is still not working, please call the help desk at Lexpos Retailer on 01254 675005
Screen Has Frozen
Press CTRL + ALT + DELETE, Windows Task Manager Box Will Appear, Click on Lexpos Retailer and End Task. Restart Lexpos Retailer.
Lexpos Retailer Has Encountered An Error
If you receive a message on your screen stating that Lexpos Retailer has encountered an Error please make a note of the error log number and call our help desk on 01254 675005